Wednesday 8 January 2014

Lost in Bitstrips

You may have seen Bitstrips. It's a little online tool for making cartoons and comics, available standalone or as a Facebook app.

I experimented a bit after Thought Bubble with making a proper webcomic with bitstrips (which may or may not get posted later today depending.)

Since that I have become convinced it is a medium that actually, could be used to do worthwhile stuff in. Much of the bad reputation it gets is because of the immense amount of shitty pre-generated content it presents you with.

So, I give you Lost in Bitstrips, which is a pretentious deconstructionist webcomic, featuring me and Charlotte. Read it all on one page here, and on tumblr here. It features high production values such as slightly wonky alignment of panels, bad title text, and visible mouse cursors when I didn't bother to move the mouse away when I was doing my screenshots. But is also quite funny, I hope. And maybe a bit touching at the end?

No comments:

Post a Comment